Monday, February 7, 2011

Paper Reading #6

Comments
Jimmy Ho
Zack Henkel

Reference Information
Title- Tangible interfaces for download: initial observations from users' everyday environmen
Authors- Enrico Costanza, Matteo Giaccone, Olivier Kueng, Simon Shelley, Jeffrey Huang

Summary
   This article was centered around the research done on Tangible User Interfaces. The authors developed the Audio d-touch. Anybody with a webcam, printer, and computer could use this software. In order to get a good basis of user reaction the authors allowed for free use of this software online. The idea behind this is that they were able to create an extremely low cost and rediiliy avaibale TUI. After getting feedback from users it turned out the Audio d-touch was a success.


Discussion
  I really enjoyed this article. I haven't heard much about Tangible User Interfaces or their applications. It was really neat reading about the Audio d-touch. The idea of somebody physically drawing out the drums beats is astonishing to me. I also like the fact that they were able to make it free for everybody to try out. I might even borrow my roomates webcam so I can test this out

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it is clever idea and I'd like to try it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this idea is very interesting and would be fun to try out. I also like the fact that the system is easily made with objects most people would have lying around already, allowing a wider range of people to try it out.

    ReplyDelete